Object turnover.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Dec 3 06:42:51 UTC 2004

Well if you create fewer objects then GC issues take less time to
resolve.
However all is not lost since the GC isn't tuned to met your needs,
well it  might be but you won't know until you measure.
I'll point to my GC tuning work in
http://homepage.mac.com/johnmci
look in the  experimenta/GC work  directory
I'd be interested in knowing the before and after results.  Assuming
you've a mac to test on.

On Dec 2, 2004, at 10:34 AM, Ryan Zerby wrote:

> Should I worry about having a program that makes a large number of
> temporary objects? I made a little "Solar system" that has planets
> going around a star (using polar coordinates,
> offset from the star).. so, each step, I do something like:

> --
===