Implentation of Objects

Brian Tabone brian.tabone at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 16:34:49 UTC 2004

Ryan,

   Have a look at the "Blue Book" implementation chapters. They are
free on line here:
http://users.ipa.net/~dwighth/smalltalk/bluebook/bluebook_imp_toc.html

These discuss in detail the implementation of the original ST-80
virtual machine and object memory. A lot has changed since then, but
the fundamentals are the same.

This should be a good start for learning about how to implement the
ideas of inheritance and message handling

Hope that helps,
Brian T