Help, Squeak is not responding

Jan B. Krejčí janbkrejci at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 21:53:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:46:29 -0500, Jason Rogers
<jacaetevha at fast-mail.org> wrote:
> When I start up squeak from the command line I get my typical Squeak window.
> Most of the contents are from the last run of squeak (sometimes they are all
> there, sometimes not) but Squeak is not responding to anything.  Alt-.
> doesn't work, no menus come up when I click the buttons, nothing.  I also
> don't see any indication in SqueakDebug.log of what is going on.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?  Does anyone know of anything I can do to try to
> figure out what is going on?

poor boy, I feel with you :-) I have had the same trouble. I remember
there IS a way to copy classes from other image - see

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2002-November/046204.html

good luck. anyway - I have corrupted/blocked my image many times when
I was developing some multithreaded code. Usually I ended up with the
image not responding to any input at all. I wandered if there is a way
to tell squeak to start in something like "emergency" mode, running
only the threads absolutely necessary to live?

--
.:jbk:.
Jan B. Krejci