Smalltalk PDA application development

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Sat Dec 4 01:56:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 22:45:18 -0300, Sebastián Sastre
<ssastre at seaswork.com.ar> wrote:

>     I wan't to know if there is any squeak version/distribution that not
> only runs on a PDA with WindowsCE, but it also can handle files on it,
> the serial port (infrared) and cans make normal use of sockets, when the
> PDA has internet connection.

I have done all this, although I was connecting to another Squeak image on
my laptop through sockets over 802.11 wireless.

I save the mission logs from my submarine to the file system, and I use the
serial port to talk to the embedded hardware (PIC microcontrollers).

It all works quite well...

Later,
Jon