modifier duplicating/swapping (was Re: "A Word of Caution" to all newcomers)

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Sat Dec 4 13:06:02 UTC 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:20:07 +0200, lex at cc.gatech.edu wrote:

> Anyway, surely we don't want to have both inspect and explore forever?
> Surely we want to integrate those guys eventually?

I don't know -- I kind of like both, depending on what I'm doing. The
inspector auto-updates in the background, but the cost of making the
explorer do that could be prohibitive, not to mention very complex.

What I'd like to see, and I may just do it someday, is something like Kent
Beck's Object Explorer, which was a graphical visual explorer that made
looking at complex graph structures simpler. Ned's connector package would
make building something like that much simpler.

Later,
Jon