[BUG] isColor not equivalent to isKindOf: Color

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 01:55:53 UTC 2004

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 20:42:54 -0500, tomkoenig at mindspring.com
<tomkoenig at mindspring.com> wrote:

> in ColorTest>>testColorFrom errors on
>         self assert: ((Color colorFrom: '#FF8800') asHTMLColor = '#ff8800').
> if Color >>colorFrom: is changed to use
>         parm isColor
>         (parm isKindOf: Color)

Hm.  First of all, I see exactly the same behavior whether using
#isColor or #isKindOf: Color - which makes sense, given the
implementation of #isColor.  Second, I don't undersand that test - the
comment in #colorFrom: is pretty explicit about what it expects from
its param, and a string isn't one of the options.  I think maybe
#colorFrom: is being confused with #fromString: here?

Avi