KomHTTPServer start question (error)

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 6 13:29:32 UTC 2004

Goran,

Thanks for your reply, please see inline:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2004-December/004030.ht
> > Thank you - I made a change in SocketStream and installed DynamicBindings
> > as suggested in the thread you pointed out, and now I get KomHTTP
> > started. Milan
>
> Note that DynamicBindings is a prerequisite of KomServices - perhaps it
> is less clear on the SM description though. What change did you do in
> SocketStream?

This was interesting .. my real problem was, all along, that I did not install
DynamicBinding (this is all in 3.7). In the meantime, someone pointed a
thread, where I, without looking properly, found a problem describing exactly
my error that seemed be fixed by a change in SocketStream (removing -1 from
'index-1' at the end of method #upToAll: ) This is the change in SocketStream
I made I was talking about.

Interestingly, having made that change and installed DynamicBindings, things
worked.

Being completely inexperienced in Smalltalk, I continued further with making
mistakes and installed, in 3.7, Avi's fix for the above SocketStream problem,
which belonged in 3.8, not 3.7. This got me a disfunctional KomHttp again. I
did learn about the ST environment though, having to go back and revert my
changes. Everything including KomHttpServer works for me again now ..

Thanks, Milan