Smalltalk language limitation ?

lex at cc.gatech.edu lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 6 15:21:50 UTC 2004

"Aaron Gray" <angray at beeb.net> wrote:
> Better that it does not occur at all, it invades textual integerity.

Yes, it would be better to prevent it when possible.  Pressing random
keys should not really insert nonsense characters.

Still, you can't stop all such nonsense text.  Suppose someone opens a
file from the file list tool.  What should Squeak do, if the file has
non-textual characters in it?  It seems that the Squeak text editor
needs to handle this somehow.

-Lex