[Bug][Fix] Setting copy/paste-key preference under Windows doesnot work

lex at cc.gatech.edu lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 6 15:10:55 UTC 2004

Hannes Hirzel <hirzel at spw.unizh.ch> wrote:
> BTW: Would it be possible that somebody checks the documentation (swiki
> and image) if these settings  duplicateControlAndAltKeys and
> controlAndAltKeys are documented consistently and comes up with two final
> proposals people can vote for.

There are more than two proposals.  I don't think they are documented
anywhere outside the mailing list.  The thread starts at:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-December/085
261.html

The current Squeak settings map as follows (at least, I think this is
what they do):

	duplicateControlAndAltKeys = dupMain
	swapControlAndAltKeys = swapMain

What you are proposing is autoSwapMain, but that one was not popular in
the other thread.  Please check and see if you agree with the
conclusions there.  In particular, what do you think of making
duplicateControlAndAltKeys be turned on by default, on all platforms?

Anyway, I agree on the change to the last line, that #true should be
true.  Doh!  Someone should do an image scan for every true, false, or
nil that is in a literal array....

-Lex