QA in Squeak (was: Re: [Bug][Fix] Setting copy/paste-key preference under Windowsdoesnot work)

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 20:44:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:55:05 -0800, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> I am pissed off to the point that I am proposing a
> change in the current reviewing and approval policies in a way that certain
> areas (which coincidentally include compiler and vm) can ONLY be reviewed
> and approved by people who have shown their qualification in this area. NOT
> by Joe Blow "works for me (et)".

As the person who submitted the broken fix in question, +1 :).

I think the flipside of this is that the people that *have* shown
their qualification in an area should not have to jump through the
hoops of a review process to get their changes into (an alpha release
of) that area.  It should be hard to become a committer, but not hard
to commit once you are one.

Avi