About a cool key mapper pakage for 3.9

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Dec 7 11:28:12 UTC 2004

On 7 déc. 04, at 10:43, Ruben Bakker wrote:

>> I have the impression that in java you also have a lot of iti + ...
>> produce iterator code.
>
> I'm not sure if I understood it right: Is this a comment to point 5)?
> I have written a test for completion assigments and I'm getting the
> idea that this will not save much typing in Smalltalk. In java it is
> much more verbose. I'll omit it from eCompletion 2.0...

I do not know eclipse. A friend of mine just complained that in eclipse
you can do all kind of cool stuff
so I thought about that but this is true that it may not be important
for Smalltalk.

>> With my key bindings I added self halt and others
>> But I think those are at the level of the key mapper.
>
> Sounds as if keymapper would be nice for eCompletion, so people could
> customize their own key bindings. Is that the purpose of keymapper?

Yes.

>> With my key bindings I added self halt and others
>> But I think those are at the level of the key mapper.
>
> That's more like an abbreviation, isn't it. Maybe we could complete
> abbreviations, too. What do you think?
Yes
But again I think that we should learn how to work with your tools and
do not improve it beforehand.
I will start to use it regularly and give you feedback.

Stef