[q]squeak is too slow?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Dec 7 20:03:31 UTC 2004

Given that

[
    1 to: 30 do:[:j| 1 to: 30 do:[:k| 1 to: 30 do:[:l| 1 to: 30 do:[:m|
"nothing" ]]]]
] timeToRun

Takes about 50ms it's clearly not the loop which slows your computation down
but that unspecified "something". So it asking the question of how to speed
up the loop is pointless as it only contributes .1% to the entire
computation. You would be better advised to repost your question and include
what it actually is you are trying to compute.

Cheers,
  - Andreas