About a cool key mapper pakage for 3.9

Lyndon Tremblay humasect at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 7 22:34:40 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ruben Bakker" <ruben_bakker at mac.com>
To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers list"
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: About a cool key mapper pakage for 3.9

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:00:36 -0800, you wrote:

>>Here is some report I have gathered from basic use of eCompletion:
>>
>>- eCompletion has redraw problem when the selector gets word-wrapped.
>>(Utilities updateFromServerThroughUpdateNumber:) - only without Shout?
>Couldn't reproduce this one. Does it maybe seem as a redraw problem,
>as the width of the ECompletionMorph is limited to 200 pixels?

Perhaps the redraw issue was because it was at the bottom of the display, I
cannot test this right now.

>I'm aware of a redraw problem when no selector match the word you
>complete: I've fixed that one for 2.0.

>>- eCompletion doesn't work at all in the Browser 'find...' (should)
>Do you mean in the "find class..." or/and "find method..."?

Both, really. =)

>>- If the cursor is 'update:| with: ' here, after eCompletion, pressing Tab
>>should go to the next argument (inputting them /quite/ faster and natural.
>>would be very nice!)
>>- eCompletion/Shout: show values under pointer in debugger (balloon)
>Good points. I put these onto my list.

I think the tabbing across arguments may be a plain editor feature.

>>Is it aware of Workspace variables?
>Yes it is. They show up in the Morph and then eCompletion knows the
>type of the workspace variables.

Okay, this is related to the debugger though. (DoIts)

>Ruben

One more thing. Pressing Tab multiple times to cycle through possible
completion matches is quite common for such a tool. Say if it highlighted
all of the text it entered (which it should possibly do anyway, because the
text is modified outside of the user's hands really) and pressing tab would
cycle through these, merely needing to replace the selection from then on.

Thanks for the great work on eCompletion so far,
lyndon