Stepping down as a Harvester

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Dec 8 14:12:14 UTC 2004

Hi,

Just a short note: 3.8 is now nearly finished, and so this is a nice
point to end my involvement in reviewing and
harvesting. The main reason is that I need to focus my time and energy
of other things (that is: work on the PhD).

I will continue to work on Squeak, but only those things that are
directly in the critical path of getting the (for me)
more important stuff done. There is some stuff I will continue to work
on (in 3.9). e.g. the new compiler, as it is
important for us (as teachers and researches) to have a system that
students can easily experiment with.

But no more cleaning up BFAV postings... or mantis reports.

I continue to believe that - for any system - having a feedback loop is
extremely important. Without  that, growth
and evolution is impossible, for both the system and the community that
supports it.

     Marcus