Smalltalk class heirachy

Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Wed Dec 8 23:34:35 UTC 2004

Hey Tim,

Would that be why so little "good" code has been written since 1972? ;-)
Seriously though, I think a lot of people get so caught up in worrying
about
the trees that they have no idea what the forrest looks like.

Static maps printed out on paper are useful.  Remember the original
Smalltalk/V
documentation?  Very handy in it's day, and not totally useless 20 years
later.

For Aaron:

        Object browseHierarchy

is a reasonably good place to start.  Less confusing than all this
senseless
category crap, IMO.

                -Dean

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu>
Sent by: squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
12/07/2004 01:16 AM
Please respond to The general-purpose Squeak developers list