Browser feature suggestion

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Thu Dec 9 16:03:57 UTC 2004

"Richard A. O'Keefe" wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2004, at 7:57 PM, Aaron Gray wrote:
> > It would be nice if Squeaks browsers had backwards and forwards buttons
> > like on most internet browsers.
>
>  (b) What do we do NOW?
>
>     And this is where Squeak has for a long time had something I find better
>     that << >> buttons.
>
>     You are NOT restricted to having a single browser open.  You may have
>     as many browsers open as you want.

The problem is too many open windows (as already mentioned).
What I'd find useful (maybe), is some sort of window dock,
where every newly opened (dev tool) window would land. To be
useful, the dock would have an action to close all its windows,
and an easy way to take windows out of the dock (so they
won't be affected by closing all docked windows).

So, after traversing a trail of inspect/explore and browse
windows, you'd undock the windows you want to stay open,
and close-all windows in the trail-dock.

For now, I just keep a "windows" menu open so I can one-click
the "find window", to get a poor-man's dock.

--yanni