Squeak Accessibility for the blind

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Dec 9 20:22:20 UTC 2004

Tom could you do a screenshot of your environment and send it to me?
Because I want to add it to
my next generation Squeak demo.

I think that it would be nice to have a squeakMap Package named may be
LessBlind (I do not like politically correct terms such as disabled,
as a french :) it makes sense))

because this can really show to other people that squeak can be tweaked
to fit your extreme needs.

> P.S.  Unless there is something chemically or genetically wrong,  eye
> surgery for senile cataracts and retinal detachment have really
> improved
> over the years

Yes and I hope to leave long enough to see a lot of new techniques :)
But I was more thinking on "what do we do to help people instead of
focusing
on the technology" if you see what I mean. This is my red cross
internal :)

Stef