Browser feature suggestion

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Fri Dec 10 03:05:48 UTC 2004

I wrote:
	>     You are NOT restricted to having a single browser open.  You may have
	>     as many browsers open as you want.

Yanni Chiu <yanni at rogers.com> replied:
	The problem is too many open windows (as already mentioned).

Yes, but I already said how you deal with that.  You click on the "O"
at the right side of the title bar, and collapse the browser window to
just the title bar.  You end up with a stack of little strips down the
left edge of your screen.  There's room for about 20.  Click on the "O"
of one to expand it, clock on the "O" again to collapse it once more.
In effect, this stack of title bars _is_ the history list.

Note that I am *not* saying that better interfaces could not or should
not be provided.  All I'm saying is that while we wait for someone to
put such a thing together, we can get very nearly the same effect with
what we have right now.

Window collapsing in Morphic is a very useful feature.
I don't know what I'd do without it.