advice needed about default arguments for a method

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Fri Dec 10 10:07:45 UTC 2004

Ned Konz wrote:

> But the problem is that the default arguments are dependent on the context in
> which the method is called.

they would not be in my case (actually plain Number arguments would do
it, I do not need the Compiler evaluate: stuff).

really what I want are default arguments defined within the method
source itself. it may seem odd but that's exactly my need :)

... of course if this really an illegal design pattern in Smalltalk
(which I'm afraid it is), then I'll have to change my needs :)

regards,

Stef