Porting Exupery to Windows

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 11 15:29:27 UTC 2004

Lyndon Tremblay writes:
 > If you have a point where you feel comfortable to see ported, I can perhaps
 > lend a hand on the Win32 side - since I force myself to stay here, for such
 > cases as this. =)

Now would be a good time to start a Win32 port. So long as Linux
and Windows use the same C calling conventions it should be reasonably
easy.

Roughly:
1) Get a normal VM building from source using VMMaker
2) Install Exupery
3) Try and build it
3.1) Discover that I've hardcoded references to the foo structure
in a lot of places. Swear at me.
3.2) Clean those up. Most of them are simple. I can help here. Some
might be harder. I really need pointers to some of the interpreter
variables so compiled code can access them.
3.3) Replace the call to mmap with one to VirtualAlloc.
4) Run it and hope it works. It should work.

Bryce