Squeak map problems under Gentoo linux

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Sat Dec 11 17:00:45 UTC 2004

C. David Shaffer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been working with Squeak under Gentoo linux for a few weeks now
> but I'm having problems with SqueakMap.  The exception (attached)
> occurs when opening a SqueakMap browser in a fresh 3.7final image as
> well as every other image I am using on this machine.  I have started
> completely from scratch (empty directory) with a fresh 3.7 image.  I
> haven't had any noticable Gentoo-specific problems otherwise (well,
> there is one X-related problem but I'll save that for another time).
> Does anyone have any ideas what may cause this?
>
> David

I've tried to trace through the walkback but I can't really tell what is
going wrong.  Could someone running linux give the output of sum on the
map.1536.sgz file in their sm directory?  Just execute  sum
map.1536.sgz.  I'd like to remove file curruption from the list of
possibilities.  It seems remote anyway since it would be strage for the
file to be corrupted in the same way every time I download it...but
still, seems like an easy thing to check.

David