Squeak map problems under Gentoo linux

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Sat Dec 11 17:45:11 UTC 2004

C. David Shaffer wrote:

> But it happens on a fresh 3.7 image.  In fact, the log I posted was
> from an out-of-the-box image having done nothing but navigated the
> menus to the SqueakMap package loader.  This seems to be a hint that
> it is a VM problem...maybe something's going wrong during my VM
> builds.  I'll install Ian's stock VM and see if that makes a
> difference.  Thanks.

Tried it...same problems.  I've been working with Squeak under Gentoo
for several weeks and it has worked fine asside from SM.  GOODS,
Seaside, RFB (VNC server) all behave fine.  Could it be one of the
options I used during my system build?  I built just about everything
with -fomit-frame-pointer and -O2, I believe.  Is there some reason that
would impact Squeak in this subtle way?

David