SqueakMap Question

Frank Caggiano frankcag at crystal-objects.com
Sun Dec 12 01:01:45 UTC 2004

On Dec 11, 2004, at 12:27, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Hi
>
> how can I download a package without installing it? because I want to
> browse its code before.
> Stef

Two possibilities:

1) Use the web interface to get download the package to you machine.

2) In the Squeakmap pacakge loader find the package you want.  Expand
the package so you see all the versions, high lite the version you want
and then yellow click. You'll see an option 'force download into
cache'. That will load it into the cache on our machine but not install
it into the image. To then locate the package yellow click again and
select 'browse cache' . This will bring up a file list on the cache
entry for this.

regards

Frank Caggiano
frank at crystal-objects dot com
http://www.crystal-objects.com

The best education for the best is the best education for all.
					Robert Maynard Hutchins