[Bug][Fix] Setting copy/paste-key preference under Windows doesnot work

Ingo Hohmann iho at gmx.de
Sun Dec 12 12:54:46 UTC 2004

Hi Hannes,

Hannes Hirzel wrote:
> Lex
<...>

> On windows it is very commons to have a lot of different shortcuts
>
> (ctrl plus aKey)  does not give the same thing as (alt plus aKey)
>
> I certainly need for my work in the future to have still more options for
> additional key combinations (for example as we now have Unicode to insert
> special symbols).
<...>

Right, but for a tutorial - and therefore for beginners - its easiest to
  say press <cmd>-whatever, where <cmd> is any of ctr/alt/cmd, depending
on your platform.
And as Squeak is used on very different platforms, it makes sens to
always have the same keys working, e.g. if you dual boot.
And then, it will be a preference, so you can do whatever you like in
your own image.

> But having only the opinion of 4 people is probably not enough as UI
> issues are relatively sensitive (12..14 would be good IMO). This is the
> reason why I ask for a neat summary where the proposals are listed
> so that people can vote for or against.

Except that noone who hasn't raised his voice so far _would_ actually
vote. Sad but true. (And I'm including myself here).

Well, I'd say go with dupall (having shortcuts which are displayed as
uppercase being usable with the uppercase key, makes lots of sense, IMO).

Kind regards,

Ingo