A roadmap for 3.9

lex at cc.gatech.edu lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Dec 12 17:24:12 UTC 2004

FWIW, I only have opinions on a few of these items.

Monticello seems good to include; it is quite stable and it gives us a
good packaging system.  I've been using it heavily and had no real
problems.  Let's do it already.

Services seems like a good tool for improving the Squeak UI in general,
so let's put it in.

An overhauled preferences tool is a great thing to work on, but please
let's not put it in unless and until it is mature--it can easily break a
lot of code, for little gain.

Keybinding: same answer.

Anthony's compiler: sounds good to me, IF we can make it be the only
compiler.  I don't like the idea of having *two* compilers.

-Lex