A roadmap for 3.9

Jeffrey T. Read bitwize at snet.net
Sun Dec 12 21:37:09 UTC 2004

On Dec 12, 2004, at 3:44 PM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Ok guys,
>
> I tried to help building what could be a cool system but I failed.
> So I pull the plug and will focus on my research, because Squeak was
> simply extra work. It was fun but extra work.
> Now I will only work on our research because this is much more fun in
> fact.

I can certainly appreciate your need to commit yourself to that which
is most rewarding and least stressful.

However, I for one would like to have seen the cool system you would've
developed. The Squeak community just does not seem to want to commit
unilaterally to making it Squeak, and perhaps rightly so.

All the best with your research.

--Jeff