A roadmap for 3.9

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Sun Dec 12 22:37:25 UTC 2004

On Dec 12, 2004, at 2:08 PM, Stéphane Rollandin wrote:

>> - my often repeated design philosophy
>> Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to be added
>> but when there is nothing left to take away
>> Antoine de Saint-Exupery
>
> come on, this is NOT a design philosophy :)

Sure it is.  If you add the implied "While meeting the requirements of
the system".  The smallest system that meets its requirements is a
perfectly good design approach.  By placing a working system into the
smallest set of components you are forced to high reuse, and often a
high degree of elegance, and all lack of conceptual and physical
redundancy.  It is not a design methodology.  It does not dictate how
to get to a good design, but I think it will be better than most at
identifying what is a good design.

Michael