A roadmap for 3.9

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Dec 13 19:58:39 UTC 2004

Hi lex

I do not disagree with you: :) this is not that we do not like
wonderland. I'm certainly one of the guy in europe that made the
largest number of demoes of Squeak including Wonderland. I'm promoting
the use of squeak in school, teachers...

Now I have a simple question: "who is we?"

You are talking about not breaking the code: first fixing wonderland
would take 2 min if the code would be accessible.
Then if nobody sent an email to andreas saying that he is willing to
help packaging Balloon3D then all these wonderful
discourse do not worth anything (just wind).

So this is ok to set define a milestone for an hypothetical version but
again who should vote:
I vote for a multimedia distributed embedded secure flash like with pdf
interface system....so what?
I will only consider the point of view of people doing stuff and I only
want to set my agenda because this is
enough for me and I know what is it to be commited and responsible
aboiut something.
I suggest everybody on this list to read the Scrum methodology and in
particular the fun story about the chicken and the pig. In scrum only
doers are actually the right to talk. This is a bit extreme to me but
it makes a lot of sense.

And this is not that I want to give lessons because lot of people have
the right to have fun with squeak and nothing
is black and white and newbie feedback is great and people trying
packages and also people creating packages are **extremely** important
but they do not have the right to tell me what I should do or not.

Now I stop and work

Stef