[Q][DOC] Key mapping and key binding packages

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Tue Dec 14 17:49:44 UTC 2004

David Shaffer wrote:

> Now, a second problem.  I loaded into a fresh image and noticed that my
> conversion of the existing shortcuts converts the <c-k> sequence for
> TextMorph which shadows the "Default" category's entry so you won't get
> the KeymapEditor if you use that sequence over a TextMorph.

In which version of a fresh image did you test this? 3.8gamma?

> What I would like to do is add a halo icon and/or a morph menu item to
> raise the KeymapEditor on a morph.
That would be great. Just send a mail when you have done this so I can
get another copy from www.squeaksource.com.

> I'm a little reluctant to add to the halo
> since it seems to be the place for more "honored" tools than my lowly
> keymapper.

Not not at all. I would prefer having a halo. And of course there are
preferences to do custom halo combinations anyhow. For example I have
one setting where I have only five halos.

Hannes