[Q][3.8g][Morphic] How do I use the PluggableTabBarMorph?

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Tue Dec 14 22:28:32 UTC 2004

Hi

The PluggableTabBarMorph is a new addition to version 3.8

It contains a very simple example in the class comment.

(PluggableTabBarMorph on: nil)
	addTab: (Text fromString: 'Test') withAction: [Transcript show: 'Test';
cr];
	addTab: (Text fromString: 'Another') withAction: [Transcript show:
'Another'; cr];
	width: 200;
	openInHand

I would like to have a more elaborate one:

Five tabs: 'Step 1', 'Step 2', 'Step 3', 'Step 4', 'Step 5'

with 5 different Workspaces/StringHolders/PasteUpMorphs  as the content.
This would be a simple replacement for a BookMorph for presenting content.

How do I do that?

Probably this is not more than 20 loc?

Any suggestions?

David Shaffer uses this morph in his keybinding package but there in the
tab pane there is one list which is filled with new data each time a
user selects another tab. The morph is well written but it is still a
considerable effort to analyse it.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Hannes