What is the best HTTP client

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 22:52:47 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I was wondering what the community felt was the best HTTP client we
have to date in Squeak (3.8)?  I know the term "best" is quite
subjective, but what I need to do is automate some web server testing
so I need an HTTP client that can GET and POST, has a simple
interface, and maybe exposes the result sets from the server in some
structured way.  I want to "test" some XHTML streams coming out of my
seaside web server..

Currently I am getting experienced with the class HTTPSocket in
Network-Protocols.  There is also an HTTPClient package on SM.  Which
should I use or should I explore any other options?

Regards,

John
--
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is
because we do not dare that they are difficult. -- Seneca