Monticello documentacion

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Tue Dec 14 23:40:36 UTC 2004

On Dec 13, 2004, at 9:00 PM, Hernan Tylim wrote:

> Hi Avi, Colin, I am curious.
>   I just skimed thru the "Known Issues" section and I didn't find any
> mention to the problem of detecting class definition changes on
> classes that are not part of the package.Did that change?
>
> To be sure that I am being clear let me give you an example of what I
> am referring to.
> Lets suppose that I have a package named "WonderfulTool" and that the
> package has its classes defined in a "WonderfulTool" class category.
> This package also has methods extensions on Morph under the method
> category "*WonderfulTool-overrides". The problem I have is that I need
> for package WonderfulTool to add a new instance variable to Morph.
> Once upon a time this wasn't possible. Did that change?

No, that hasn't changed.

This isn't strictly a Monticello issue, but I suppose the Monticello
docs are as good a place as any to discuss it. I've updated the
KnownIssues page with a short paragraph on this subject - feel free to
modify it if it doesn't cover all the aspects of the issue that you
think are important.

Cheers,

Colin