ERROR 'server aborted early'

Matthew S. Hamrick mhamrick at securitytechnique.com
Tue Dec 14 16:19:01 UTC 2004

Hi Dan,
	I don't have the bandwidth to track this down completely... But I
might be able to give you a few pointers. From the unix command line, I
did a:

telnet www.btrl.ro 80

and when I was connected, issued the following:

GET /ro/istoric.php?vid=2 HTTP/1.0

Instead of getting a response, the server closed the connection. My
guess is that this server really wants to see certain headers and if it
doesn't see them, it drops the connection as a security measure. You
might want to try the retreiveContentsAccept: or retreiveContentsArgs:
accept: methods and experiment with headers. If you really want to get
into it, you could use ethereal to find out what headers your web
browser is providing the server and simply add those to your request.

Sorry I don't have a lot of time to devote to this... but I thought I
would respond as it's similar to an issue I had earlier. The paragraph
above is how I solved my problem.

/etc
Matt H.