What is the best HTTP client

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 04:11:37 UTC 2004

> It should be in Cincom Public Store, or here:
>
> http://www.blainebuxton.com/projects/smallhttpunittest.htm

Ok -- so I am so new to Smalltalk that I only know Squeak at this
point.  Cincom Public Store is only accessible from a VW installation?
 Is that correct?

> Also, I probably should have mentioned the SeasideTesting framework,
> which is on SqueakMap.

I'm having a hard time getting SeasideTesting to work out-of-the-box
from SM.  I am using Squeak 3.8 with Seaside 2.5b5.  It looks good --
if I could only get it working.

All the tests fail because it appears that
SCBrowserSimulator#httpGetRequestStreamFor is expected to return some
sort of SocketStream.  Instead my image just returns a ReadStream.

httpGetRequestStreamFor: url
	^ ('GET ' , url , ' HTTP/1.0' , String crlf , self cookieString ,
String crlf) readStream

Hmm.  I wonder if I am supposed to have some sort of other package
installed so that the above code returns a SocketStream instead of
just a read stream.

John