[ENH] duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Wed Dec 15 05:57:35 UTC 2004

Adds a preference for duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys, set to true by
default, based on the discussion in the recent "modifier
duplicating/swapping" thread.  This is equivalent to the "dupAll" from
that thread.  Preamble attached.

(I promised myself I'd get this out before getting involved in the
other threads... ;) )

- Doug

"Change Set:		dupAllCtrlAltKeysPref-dew
Date:			13 December 2004
Author:			Doug Way

Adds a new preference duplicateAllCtrlAndAltkeys to duplicate all Ctrl
and Alt modifier key commands, which causes all Ctrl key commands to
behave the same as Alt-key commands.  The original Ctrl (a.k.a.
'shift') key commands are still available via Ctrl-Shift and Alt-Shift.

This differs from the existing ctrlAlt prefs which only duplicate/swap
the eight editing keys.  Also includes code to prevent these other two
conflicting prefs from being activated at the same time.

The three related prefs (swapCtrlAndAltKeys, duplicateCtrlAndAltKeys,
duplicateAllCtrlAndAltKeys) should really be made into a radio button
preferences set sometime in the future (like the Halo look
preferences), since only one can be turned on at a time.  This would
eliminate the need for the #changed methods.

See 'modifier' discussion on squeak-dev from 12/3/2004 for more details
on why this was provided."!