Help: cannot play with LiveWeb

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 12:17:45 UTC 2004

>> With my browser, I can open the url http://localhost:9090/seaside/counter
>> but this is not working  http://localhost:9090/seaside/LiveWeb .

>Seaside is case-sensitive with the URL so try:

>http://localhost:9090/seaside/liveWeb instead.

>I register the application (on #initialize) as liveWeb not LiveWeb.

>Regards,

>John

Sorry for cross posting this to the Seaside list as well, but I know
some folks are watching info on LiveWeb there (and any other
discussion we should probably take there).

Anyways, I also wanted to mention that I added a bunch of docs to the
LiveWeb SqueakSource Project page last night (squeak.saltypickle.com
and then go to the LiveWeb project).

It should help provide some direction at this early stage of the
project.  Let me know if you are able to get the application going now
(and what browser you are using).

Lastly, I added a pretty cool feature (a la WAScreenshot that is built
in with Avi's Seaside -- thanks Avi for the idea!).  You can now
render any morph in LiveWeb.  Clicks get passed through to the real
object (but sadly no key strokes).  So, for instance, you can open a
Monticello Browser (MCWorkingCopyBrowser open) on some remote machine
and load the latest version of some system code as this operation is
complete mouse driven.

Enjoy,

John

--
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is
because we do not dare that they are difficult. -- Seneca