About a new roadmap for 3.9

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Wed Dec 15 23:30:23 UTC 2004

Stef,

An earlier comment you made about the new compiler has be questioning
something.  You stated the new compiler supports block closures, and
the old one does not.  Is this really true?  I have not used Squeak
enough to know, and my usages have not required block closures (no sort
blocks or such yet).  Does the VM support them now?  If the existing
compiler does not support them, was there work required to make them
work?

Just trying to catch up on a lot of history in this community.

Michael