[ANN] alpha release of 64-bit support available

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Wed Dec 15 23:50:10 UTC 2004

Ian,

Your release notes indicate you have tested the unix port on Macs, but
they only partially support 64 bit processes.  A 64 bit process can not
access any frameworks, and even in Tiger can only use syslib.  So, have
you done something fancy they do not know about, or is it really a 64
bit clean,  32 bit VM, accessing a 64 bit image?  Have you been able to
allocate more than 2 gig of objects?  Just wondering if working with
the 64 bit VM buys me anything, since I have gotten the 32 bit one to
build, but not the 64 bit unix one.

Michael