[RANT] Come on people! ;)

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu Dec 16 20:11:47 UTC 2004

Hannes Hirzel wrote:
> I would suggest that you take a break, and get out your one year old
> code of your  3D game, dust it off and perhaps give people interested in
> it "early access" in putting it as "alpha code" on SqueakMap.

this game was just an example to respond to the "dead code" point of
goran. I'll take care of it some time. my main work is under heavy
development and is already on SqueaMap. entry GeoMaestro.

> Basically most of Squeak efforts are volunteer efforts and people
> are doing a good job (well most of them).

I know that. I'm one of those people... a little tiny contributor but
still, I have my dignity :)

> And if you really look into the things which come up they are not in bad
> shape. Things are getting better, albeight slowly.

I agree here. still I have concerns that I exposed.

> I am working with 3.8gamma now and it offers me a lot of new potetnial.

I am also working on the latest 3.8gamma. I'm not an alien. I'm like
you. so you might disagree with me, but please don't make me feel like I
don't know what I'm talking about, this is a bit rude.

regards,

Stef