Unrant

Giovanni Giorgi giorgi_g at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 20:39:28 UTC 2004

Hi,
 I agree with you.
I think  it is very difficult to build stable package on smalltalk
because of the high dynamic coupling between core parts and the rest of
the system: the beauty of smalltalk is the ability to add powerful
concept (like Object Database, dynamic-proxy and so on) changing only
some core methods.

This can lead us to a lot of difficults when trying to integrate hot
stuff.

As Celeste mantainer I am quite happy to have time to integrate my
package in my spare time: if Celeste was in the base Image, I cannot
afford easily it :)

I think we can try to split our work in two truck:
-a fast approaching base image (very core stuff, with new VM
improvements and so on).
-a less fast "application" truck, which do a strong s-unit.

So everyone can choose its speed...and eventually furnish two update
stream also...

my two cents :)

=====
// Giovanni Giorgi    http://www.siforge.org