[DOC][3.8g][Morphic][m17n] Unicode True Type font example (was Re: internationalisation of squeak: Bitmap font SofijaUC)

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Sat Dec 18 00:44:37 UTC 2004

  Hannes,

> OK, this is not necessary for loading fonts.

  For (1) below, it is necessary.

> Which is the new (recommended way) to bring in TTF fonts into 3.8gamma?
> Code snippet 1 (see below) works fine; but what would you recommend
> instead of (2), where I want specific font sizes to be calculated.
> (1) give a bunch of default font sizes.

  To me, (2) is not maintained well in the last version, and I know I
fixed (1) recently.  So,

TTCFontReader encodingTag: Latin1Environment leadingChar.
TTCFontSet newTextStyleFromTTFile: 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Verdana.TTF'.

is the recommend one. You can change TTCFont>>pointSizes to get
different sizes of fonts.

> The attached screenshot shows the result so far.

  Thank you!

-- Yoshiki