MC question/problem

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Sat Dec 18 15:56:14 UTC 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:

>Hm, I'm having trouble reproducing this.  What I did:
>
>- add a category on Object called *davidtest and put a method #foo in it.
>- create a package called DavidTest and save it.  It includes Object>>foo.
>- rename the category to *davidtest2.
>- create a package called DavidTest2 and save it.
>- save a new version of DavidTest.
>- the version of DavidTest2  has Object>>foo, and DavidTest is now empty.
>
>What's different about this from what you were doing?
>
>Avi

I should have tried that before posting.  Nothing is different except
maybe that "-override" categories are the ones giving me problems.  I
tried it in a fresh 3.7full image and MC worked fine (didn't see the
problem I'm having)...yet, I'm having the problem with my package.  I've
tried loading the package into a fresh image but it makes a total mess
of it (loads the overrides but not the extensions which causes my image
to become pretty much useless since I'm overriding in several
"important" classes).

David

--
C. David Shaffer