Washington, DC area Smalltalk Meetup on January 20th, 2005.

Matthew S. Hamrick matthew.hamrick at gibson.com
Sat Dec 18 16:23:28 UTC 2004

Hey Everybody,
     This is just a quick note to let you know that we're going to be
kicking off a series of
Smalltalk Meetups this January. The first is going to be held at the
Starbuck's in Chinatown
(800 7th St., NW, Washington, DC, 20001) at 7:00PM on January 20th,
2005. More
information and an RSVP form can be found at:

http://smalltalk.meetup.com/9/events/3796510/

     I don't think I need to tell anyone in this group about the joys of
Smalltalking. But from time to time I feel a bit isolated. All my peers
are rambling on and on about how wonderful Java is, or even Python.
Just once I would like to sit amongst people who are crazy about
Smalltalk while sipping coffee. So if you're in the Washington, DC
area, we would love to have you attend.

     This meeting is intended to be the kick-off for a series of monthly
meetings of the Washington, DC Smalltalk community. We're organizing
our meetups on the meetup.com site and will be putting together a
program for future meetings after hearing what people's interests are
at this meeting.

     As most of my recent Smalltalking has been done with Squeak, I'll
likely be giving a brief intro to Squeak for any attendees that are
interested. James Robertson of CinCom has already RSVP'd. Though he's
not scheduled to deliver a presentation, he's a very good resource for
getting more information about the ParcPlace / Digitalk branch of the
Smalltalk tree.

-Sincerely,
-Matt Hamrick