MC question/problem

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Sat Dec 18 16:27:58 UTC 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:

>In the short term, I suggest that you start with a clean image and try
>to reassemble your packages inside it, using changesets or whatever if
>necessary, so that MC sees the methods in question as overriding the
>base image rather than as one package overriding another.  You should
>then be able to save versions that will load cleanly into other images
>(though not necessarily upgrade cleanly from earlier versions...)

Thanks for your help Avi.  The only reason I made them separate packages
was the MC installer (MczInstaller?) won't load extensions if the class
they are extending doesn't exist while MCMczReader doesn't seem to have
any trouble with this scenario.  I've spent far too long on this to
continue as you suggest...I'm just going to require the full Monticello
distribution for now.  Then I can move back to my original version with
everything in one package.

David

--
C. David Shaffer