[ANN] New keymapping on SqueakMap

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Dec 19 19:29:45 UTC 2004

> Keymap entries are organized into categories.  By default most morphs
> belong to 2 keymap categories: #Default and the name of the morph's
> class.  So, the short answer is that the only way to do this generally
> (so that all browsers would have one keymap and all browsers would
> have a different one) is to modify those classes to add a new category
> to their text editors.  This is simple to do (I provide examples in my
> help) but requires a change to that class.  Of course the end user
> could always add a category to a single instance of a morph and
> customize that category.  This is less useful than having the tool
> support a custom keymap for its text editor though.
>
>> why?
>

> I'm not sure what you'd use your specific example for.

simply been able to have different bindings in Workspace, Transcript
and Class Browser.
For example, I designed my own transcript and minibrowser and modifying
globally the key for all the widgets
was really annoying.

I think that having this possibility will certainly let people create
new ways of working.