[ANN] Animation Tools release

Jeffrey T. Read bitwize at snet.net
Mon Dec 20 00:18:19 UTC 2004

Fellow Squeakers,

I give you the inaugural release of my Animation Tools package which
includes the MorphAgents functionality.
This package is on SqueakMap:

http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/304b04a6-2e0c-4b36-bc44-
dc54fffc4079

Some sample code:

b _ BwPlayerMorph new initialize.
b openInWorld.
o _ EllipseMorph new initialize.
b addMorph: o.
a _ o valueOfProperty: #myAgent.
a newFrames: 20 moveFrom: 0 at 0 to: 50 at 50.
a newFrames: 20 moveFrom: 50 at 50 to: 100 at 0.
a newFrames: 20 moveFrom: 100 at 0 to: 150 at 50.
a newFrames: 20 moveFrom: 150 at 50 to: 100 at 0.
a newFrames: 20 moveFrom: 100 at 0 to: 50 at 50.
a newFrames: 20 moveFrom: 50 at 50 to: 0 at 0.
a loopOn.
b play.

This should create a rectangle with an EllipseMorph inside, which moves
according to a zigzag pattern back and forth.

Not very interesting, but it should illustrate the concept of how you
can script animation behavior for morphs with MorphAgents. I apologize
for the lack of comments; I've always been quicker on the draw with
code than with documentation. A LOT more work needs to be done, of
course; this is very alpha. I should like to confer with José and Diego
concerning what kind of tools and extensions they will need to create
their software.

(By the way, I tried Monticello for the first time with this release
and found it to be The Right Thing.)

--Jeff