Morphic questions

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Mon Dec 20 03:51:22 UTC 2004

I have some basic Morphic questions that relate to a potential project:

1) The current Morphs seem to use BitBlt.  Is there an effort to use
Baloon?  Can I build my own morphs using Baloon?  I would like
anti-aliased morphs.
2) What is the relative speed of BitBlt vs. Baloon vs. OpenGL?  Does
Baloon use the hardware on Windows or Mac OS/X?
3) Does the polygon morph deal with dragging line segments or other
means to allow user control of line routing?
4) Can I control the layering of morphs?
5) The squeak books at Amazon looked old (3.4 or so).  Is there a
current reference that covers Morphic as it exists now?
6) Can I anchor a morph to the outside of another morph, or only inside
another morph?  If I want handles on a morph, do I need to place a
parent morph to hold the handles and the morph being edited?

Michael