[ANN] Terminus

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Mon Dec 20 08:08:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:30:18 +0900, Ingo Hohmann <iho at gmx.de> wrote:
> I was able to change an external link from http://www.squeak.org/ to
> http://www.squeakers.org/ with my status as apprentice.
>
> I must admit that further editing of this link didn't work anymore.

Strange. I'll need to review the logic, probably.

Did squeakers.org appear elsewhere on the page? The code checks whether
the set of links doesn't change, not necessarily whether existing links
are duplicated etcetera (I'm quite sure that someone can come up with
better logic here, any suggestions are most welcome because this is likely
to become an important bit in the fight against link spammers).

I changed levels a bit to something more logical:
- Observers may edit (will probably be raised to Apprentice level soon);
- Apprentices may add external links;
- Journeyers may edit the front page;
- Masters get a Browse button and the Seaside development toolbar ;-).