Morphic questions

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Dec 20 10:13:40 UTC 2004

On 20/12/04 00:51, "Michael Latta" <lattam at mac.com> wrote:

> 4) Can I control the layering of morphs?
Yes, if for layering you means several moprphs is same place and what you
normally could grab the top morph.
Morphs add to anothers Morphs reverse, so try
| myColors container e |
myColors _ #('red' 'white' 'black' 'yellow' 'green').
container _ BorderedMorph new.
container extent: 100 at 100.
container openCenteredInWorld.
myColors do: [:layer| e _ EllipseMorph new.
e color: (Color fromString:  layer);center: container center.
container addMorph: e]

The green Ellipse should be the only you see, but with halo click you could
access all .

> 5) The squeak books at Amazon looked old (3.4 or so).  Is there a
> current reference that covers Morphic as it exists now?
The Mark Guzdial white book is 2.9 to 3.0 and only significative change was
envolve fron AlignmentMorph to TableLayout , but two still exists in 3.8.
So any Morphic from books could work with this change.
All problems what we have now is for other changes.

> 6) Can I anchor a morph to the outside of another morph, or only inside
> another morph?  If I want handles on a morph, do I need to place a
> parent morph to hold the handles and the morph being edited?
Yes. And if marvelous Connectors from Ned are too much , I have nice pet
projects what would share with you.

Fell free to email private if you wish
Edgar