[Test][3.8g] First test of Keymapping in 3.8 image war successful.

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Mon Dec 20 13:35:03 UTC 2004

Hi

I just did a test if I can load the new keymapping package by David
Shaffer into a recent 3.8gamma image.

The 3.8 image hast Monticello and the Refactoring Browser installed in
addition.

proceeding with loading when asked that the right version is not yet
available.

In fact a warning popped up with the following message

   This package depends on the following classes:
     Celeste
     LanguageEditor
     PatchArchiveClient
   You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
     these definitions:
     Celeste class>>buildMorphicTocEntryListFor:
     Celeste class>>initializeKeymap
     Celeste class>>tocKeymapCategory
     LanguageEditor class>>initializeKeymaps
     LanguageEditor class>>translationsKeymapCategory
     LanguageEditor class>>untranslatedKeymapCategory
     LanguageEditor>>initializePanels
     PatchArchiveClient class>>initializeKeymap
     PatchArchiveClient>>buildListMorph
     PatchArchiveClient>>showAttachmentServicesMenu

   Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel
   the operation.

Following Avi's advice I just hit 'proceed' and the loading process
continued smoothly.

Finally tested the keyboard manager by evaluating

   'abc' inspect

And voila in the context menu of the inspector I saw the keyboard
shortcuts for various entries. And they work in 3.8!

   KeymapEditor open

gives you the key map editor.

Thank you, David, for this valuable contribution!

Hannes